Shopping Online

Shopping Online

Clifton Reynes

no comment

Clifton Reynes is a village in the Borough of Milton Keynes double wall water bottle, in the ceremonial county of Buckinghamshire, England Paul Frank Suits. It is about a mile east of Olney. It is a civil parish sharing a joint parish council with Newton Blossomville.

It is bounded, on the North, by the River Great Ouse, by which this parish is separated from Lavendon and Cold Brayfield; on the East, by Newton-Blossomville; on the South, by Petsoe and Emberton; and on the West, by the latter and by Olney.

The village name comes in two parts: the former name ‘Clifton’ is Anglo Saxon in origin and means ‘Cliff farm’, referring to the village’s position on a cliff on a bank of the River Ouse. The latter name ‘Reynes’ refers to the ancient lords of the manor of the village, whose family name this was. In the Domesday Book on 1086 Clifton Reynes was recorded as Cliftone.

The parish church dedicated to St Mary is (unusually for a Buckinghamshire church) completely castellated: even the gables are embattled. The tower is thought to be Norman; however good soccer goalie gloves, the top is later probably 14th century. The majority of the building is of the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries and the nave is unusually tall. Features of interest include the 14th-century font and the medieval monuments of the Reynes family. These include two pairs of wooden effigies; one pair is of Ralph and Amabel de Reynes (ca cushioned soccer socks. 1320–30) and the other is unidentified and slightly earlier.

Media related to Clifton Reynes at Wikimedia Commons

Share This:

Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.



fodbold hat online | Billige Nike Fotball Jerseys online | Kelme Outlet

MCM Rucksack | Kelme Outlet | maje dresses outlet| maje dresses for sale

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet online shopping shop online